Hospital and Special Needs DentistryMorrisville, NC
Since September of 2018, Dr. Hinton has been seeing patients in the Hospital Operating Room
Dr. Tasha Hinton is one of the few general dentists in the state of North Carolina that is fully credentialed to perform dentistry in the operating room. Patients who can benefit from this service include children in need of extensive dental work, special needs patients, medically-compromised patients, or those with severe dental anxiety. These cases are performed at WakeMed Hospital in Raleigh, NC.
Prior to the procedure, Dr. Hinton will evaluate your dental needs, take necessary images to assist in her treatment plan, and go over surgical consent forms with you. Patients being treated in the operating room will need their primary care physicians to complete a history and physical form within 30 days of the operating room appointment.
Our business team will be able to address all of the financial and insurance questions pertaining to the dental procedures only. We are also a sponsor and preferred provider for the Autism Society of NC and Special Care Dentistry Association.
People with special needs are often unable to tolerate a routine dental visit. They may require treatment under general anesthesia for a comprehensive oral examination and a full-mouth series of X rays to diagnose any dental problems.
Other prevalent reasons for treatment under general anesthesia for people with special needs include:
- Corrective procedures for children with severe wear of their teeth due to grinding or clenching (bruxism)
- Dental decay from ingesting high-calorie substances required for feeding problems, which promote tooth decay
- Extraction to allow permanent teeth to erupt when it does not occur naturally
- Fractured teeth resulting from falls, requiring fillings or extractions
- Scaling of the teeth or gum surgery to correct overgrown gums or to remove tartar build up
- Severe anxiety
- An inability to cooperate due to age, compromised health, special needs or extensive dental needs
- Medically compromised patients such as Dementia, Seizure Disorders, Brain Injuries
Call Us Today
At TTH Family Dentistry in Morrisville, Raleigh, Apex, Cary, Greenville, Rocky Mount, Wilson, Chapel Hill and Durham we are here to answer all your questions. Call us at 919-388-3719 to learn more about our services or schedule an appointment today.
Helpful Related Links
- American Dental Association (ADA). Glossary of Dental Terms. 2021
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® (AACD). Home Page. 2021
- WebMD. WebMD’s Oral Care Guide. 2021
About our business and website security
- TTH Family Dentistry was established in 2012.
- Better Business Bureau (Rating A+). View BBB Business Review
- We accept the following payment methods: American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: Wake County, Alamance, Orange, Guilford and Durham County
- We serve patients from the following cities: Morrisville, Raleigh, Apex, Cary, Greenville, Rocky Mount, Wilson, Chapel Hill and Durham
- National Provider Identifier Database (1841341633). View NPI Registry Information
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details
You can have an emergency dentist visit with your general dentist. Knowing when you may need urgent dental care will prevent the dental problem from worsening. It will also relieve your pain and discomfort. If you want to know if you may need an emergency dental visit, here are the signs to watch out for.Persistent…
Dentures help some people regain their smiles without surgery. Breaking them in is important. It is the period of making your prosthesis a part of your life. Learning how to wear your dental prosthesis is important. If you want to find out how to maintain a secure and comfortable attachment for your dentures, here are…
Endodontic therapy is a treatment capable of removing infection in a tooth. This root canal therapy can also protect the treated tooth from future bacterial infections. You can get this treatment from your general dentist. If you want to know why endodontic therapy is vital for an infected tooth, here are the details.The general dentist…
An in-office teeth whitening treatment is quick and effective. You can get it from your general dentist or cosmetic dentist if you have the time to schedule one. Otherwise, you can choose the take-home version of it. If you want to know more about the take-home professional teeth whitening options, here are the details.These are…
A cosmetic dentist can use a dental crown to improve your dental health. A tooth with severe decay or discoloration can be depressing. The infection could reach the pulp at any time. Placing a custom-fit dental crown can protect your tooth from further damage and injury. If you want to know more about the steps…